Monday, July 18, 2011

Not Enlightened Yet???

The meditation bell just sounded. I feel ... better ... ? maybe ...
But I don't feel enlightened. Permanently wise. Infinitely calm. Blissfully relaxed. And all that jumbo. I don't even know what it means really - enlightenment. But I sit and try to meditate daily. But fir what? I often feel sadness that I don't seem to be enlightened - even though I don't know what it is. But then, almost as often as I feel sadness, I feel deeply relaxed, calm, content, and maybe even wise at the end of the fifteen or twenty minutes meditation. Why do I have to keep doing it over and over? Why can't it just stick? I guess it's just like cleaning, sleeping, exercising, working, friending, loving, explaining, thinking, speaking... We have to repeat the process over and over. That's the life we have chosen.

Jinpa L~

No comments:

Post a Comment